We know your health is important to you.
At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX), we have a variety of plans to meet your health care needs.
Below are the most common types of health insurance coverage offered. If you are considering maternity coverage, dental services or prescription drug coverage, check out the plan details for different types of health insurance and specific plans to make sure you get the coverage you need.
Individual Health Insurance For You and Your Family
Individual and family health plans are a type of health insurance coverage available for people under 65 years and their families.
It covers a wide range of services and:
- Lasts a year or longer
- Usually can be renewed
- Meets the essential requirements set by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). ACA requirements include:
- Emergency services, hospitalization, and preventive care
- Maternity, newborn and pediatric care
- Mental health care & substance abuse treatment
- Laboratory services, prescription drugs, and disease management
- Rehabilitative services and devices
If you enroll in Individual health insurance and family coverage, you may be able to get help lowering your monthly bill with a premium tax credit or cost-sharing assistance. Learn more about getting financial help to lower your monthly bill.